Thursday, January 18, 2007

Daniel Telling a story

I took this photo of Daniel when we had gone to china Buffet for x'mas / new year dinner. This photo reminds me a lot of this photo.

I have been quite busy these last two days. Yesterday was spent doing a chunk of CS and today was mainly devoted to more CS, C&O (Combinatorics and Optimization) and a calc assignment I didn't know about. After struggling with a small aspect of this weeks CS assignment I stopped and though to myself maybe I shouldn't be in CS. The last time I had this feeling was after the Waterloo Computer Science contest in high school. That was hands down the hardest contest I had ever seen. I love programming, I just don't think I have the problem solving skills to do it. I prefer doing calculus and algebra over CS. We will see where this term takes me. The program I am currently in involves me taking a fair number of math courses which is nice.

So back to talking about these past two days. Yesterday started off with a whole string of classes. Followed by my frosh leader interview. The interview was just with two students which was nice. It started off okay, fairly simple questions, "Why do you want to be a frosh, what can you contribute" then they started pulling out all sorts of weird questions like "Name an event where you went against the popular decision". I was like WTF, after a little bit of thought I started talking about movies and what not and they seemed to buy into it a little but at the end they were like "you could have just said your decision not to drink". After cursing a bit in my head they asked the next question. "What do you do if you like a frosh and they hint that they like you back?" You aren't allowed to hit on the frosh so I laughed a little at the question and thought for a moment and said "Well its just wrong going for a frosh. Even if I think they are attractive it just seems wrong. I would probably just lie to them and say I have a girlfriend or just tell them straight up they can do a lot better then me." Both people laughed at my answer. The last and most difficult question they asked was "What was your favourite frosh game?" Now for a person who never went to frosh this was quite difficult to answer. I can't even remember what I said but I think I left the interview in an okay position. Hopefully I will get a response from them because I really do want to be a frosh. Considering I missed my frosh I want to see what its like to be in frosh. I also think it will be fun bossing around first years and what not. But the biggest reason for me to join frosh this year is so that I can slowly work my way up the frosh ranks to guarding the holy pink tie. Guarding the pink tie is like the 2nd highest position a math frosh leader can have (highest being director who organizes frosh).

After the interview I wrote a stats quiz which was semi-owanage then went home to do some CS. At night I went to CIF to do some exercise. Exercising while doing sudoku squares is the greatest way to exercise. Everything passes by SO much faster. I finished two sudoku squares by the time I finished my workout. Another great part of exercising is exercising and listening to going the distance or gonna fly from the rocky soundtrack. Whenever I hear those songs I want to start speeding up but I'm pretty sure I would burn out super fast if I did. Once I was finished at the gym I came home and did more cs and eventually called it a night after watching bleach.

Today was a pretty busy day as well. After my CS 241 lecture I went and studied with Andrew at DC. We worked on the C&O assignment again and this time got much more done. After much struggling on both our parts we finished all but 2 questions. I was fairly pleased.

We called it a day at around 4:30 so I left DC at around 5. I bought a cookie for the walk home and it was a damn good cookie! Once I made it back here I started working on a Calc assignment I forgot about. I managed to finish the calc 3 assignment in about one and a half hours which was awesome. I love calc so much! The assignments aren't totally crazy and the stuff we have done so far isn't super intense either. I can't see why people don't like calc.

After calc I went back to CS 241 and continued churning out bugs and trying to get as many marks as I can. After hours of coding I have basically finished the assignment except for 1 part. That single part is worth 4/60 so I decided to just leave it. Its not worth the extra hours of sifting through code and debugging.

Somewhere while doing CS241 I went out and got dinner with elaine. We went to Golden Mango, a small chinese/pho like restaurant near us. The food is okay, nothing that impressive. After dinner we headed out to get some bubble tea from bubbletease. I ordered my usual, banana milk tea with no ice. So after waiting a DAMN long time for it they eventually give it to me and its warm. Not hot, but like luke warm. It was the NASTIEST milk tea in the world. I had to ask them to put ice in it because it was so warm. I also had to drink it from the top to bottom. It was a very unpleasant drink. While at bubbletease elaine and I played big brain academy. God I love this m3 simply.

Just a note but comments still don't work. Stupid ass google blogger won't let me concatenate .html to the post pages (the individual pages for each post). The old posts have .html but all new posts after switching to google blogger don't have .html. It will take some time before I can figure out how to fix this. The only option available to me right now is to just migrate all my crap to a different host service thingy, like wordpress or textpattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment